Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pursuit of Happiness

A few days back I was having a conversation with one of my friends:
Me: "Can you remember the last time you were really happy?"
Friend (Irritated) : "Yeah!! I do.."
Me: "When was it?"
Friend: Remembers some particular instance ... A party
Me: "But weren't you that particular day brooding about the current placement scenario?"
Friend gets confused and then remembers another occasion: The day he converted a day 0 summers
Me: "Common I remember you abusing the interviewer who did not give you an offer. He ruined your chances of joining your dream company and instead join this one"
He gets further confused. Each time he tried to find an instance when he thought he was happy, he actually found that he was not happy.
I have often tried to ask myself the same question. And I know the moments I am really happy. Today once again when I felt happy I thought of blogging it down, giving it a shot before the London diary.
I do derive happiness out of very small things. I would write about them all sometimes later. But the one that always makes me happy is when I play some sport. Be it volley, football, cricket, give me anything...I have realized that when I am inside the courts I completely forget about the entire world outside. In fact I change as a person. The usual cool me becomes extremely aggressive. The usual extremely careful person completely loses balance. During my days in IIT I was known as extremely injury prone. The reason behind is when I play I don't care. Nowadays when I have started getting a little conscious about my ankle (which is a constant source of injury) I know I am less happy than when I would not. A little philosophical way of saying would be "Sports is my salvation". Perhaps Me inside the court is the real me and the usual me that people know might actually be masked. And as long as I am fit enough to play I know I would be happy in my life albeit in patches.
Actually right now I feel quite happy after penning down my source of happiness. And frankly I always want to know the instances when people feel happy. The few people who read my blogs a sincere request/question "When did/do you feel happy". Please leave a comment. The answer might be a past event or something that I have instanced.

1 comment:

Krish said...

Quoting from one of ur posts " Blog is a real confession box "

let loose - thats happiness