Thursday, March 04, 2010

Just a few updates: And an informal invite.

Life has been a mixed bag for quite some time now. Looking back I have not made a single post in February. Naturally for those of you who are not in touch with me would wonder the reason for the slumber. Well the beginning of February was spent in planning one more trip to India. The middle of the month was spent in India & the last few days of the month recollecting the fond memories of the trip & also fighting a variety of virus that affected the entire value chain of my living system. I had cold, I had fever & I had an upset stomach (See I am talking like a consultant as well: Value Chain!!!). The reason I started the blog stating my life has been a mixed bag is because of the fact that right now I have no clue where my career at this moment is heading. Sometimes I feel that the entire MBA has been a waste just going by the fact that I hardly use the skills that I developed in my two years at IIM Calcutta. I feel sad sometimes hopeless that I am losing it: my skills in finance, statistics & economics. Would I be ever able to utilize those skills which I had always thought were among the best.
This hopeless situation is somehow made beautiful by the variable that came into my happiness function sometime back. The fond memories of the last India trip is centered around the time I spent with her. Previously I had written a blog on Childhood love. It is true that childhood loves are special but I am so happy that I had to spend such a long time to ultimately find her & find the best who could ever come to my life. I use the world of blog to publicly announce her arrival. Many of you who are in touch with me, already know, for the rest this is the official announcement. Previously I had thought I would take some more time before settling. But now I see that as pointless. Even our parents thought so. And so dear friends this is an informal invitation to the ceremony that is going to take place in August 6th tentatively. Please be there & wish us the best for the journey ahead.

PS: The date stands corrected and it is going to be 2nd August

1 comment:

Ashis said...

congrats dude..!!