Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home Calling

And I am going home..!! After four months I am catching the next flight to Kolkata from Kuala Lumpur. I know the next ten days are going to fly away.
For the last few days I am contemplating why the hell I am going around places looking for job. Why can't I settle down in Kolkata itself. The place where I have the maximum number of well wishers. I know some of you are laughing. Even I would have done so a few years, or a few months back. But this thing about settling in Kolkata is into my head now.
I feel jealous of people whose home town is Mumbai, Bangalore or Hyderabad who have so much of option to choose from. If only the stupid government of West Bengal, or the opposition would have a different piece of mentality. I somehow feel that the effect of inactivity, doing nothing at work has corroded the minds of Bengalis in such a way that nothing can happen in that state any more. People simply do not have the vision, motivation of getting the state forward. And the conclusion is: my dream of settling down in Kolkata with a good job is perhaps never going to come true. I am sure there would be a few thousand who would echo the same feeling with me.

No comments: