Sunday, May 02, 2010

Vegetarianism

Let me start this blog by stating:
- No Offense Meant - No Religious Sentiment Meant to be Hurt -
I am not inducing a fight between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Just wondering why people crave for vegetarianism. So what are the benefits of being vegetarian. Health green food, high fiber, low calorie, green lifestyle, healthy lifestyle.......
Don't you get all these benefits of being a non-vegetarian. One might say, meat is one of the causes of high cholesterol & consequent heart disease. All points for vegetarianism and against non-vegetarians accepted. But let me give one example. In the animal kingdom, the king of the jungle is a non-vegetarian or should I say a pure non-vegetarian. Where does he get all his fibers, high value food?? Does he have high cholesterol, any heart disease? He never takes any green leafy vegetable. Last time I heard that a tiger can carry a dead cow by his mouth for miles without resting, without letting the animal touch the ground. Pure strength, Pure Muscle. And this strength is not obtained by being vegetarian. Can anyone challenge my argument for non-vegetarians giving a counter example to the above mentioned point? Then somebody might say Human beings are not animals, they don't stay in the jungle. Humm!!! Though provoking.
Historically human races that have lived on high protein diet mostly on meat are stronger, better built, one of the reasons of Indians being of shorter stature is because of the lesser amount of protein in the diet. Ok enough of going around let me put my point. "Poustik Swatik Ahar" is not going to build on your muscle, your power.
This just came to mind. Does vegetarianism help in building a stronger mind, more intelligent people. Newton, Einstein, were not vegetarians. The Royal Bengal Tiger is one of the most intelligent animal and he is a non-vegetarian. I think I am crossing the line now. I should stop this blog before the animal right activists pull out their "dandas" against me. I am not against animals. I am for non-vegetarianism.

5 comments:

Gregory said...

I am loving it!

Dada said...

If vegetarianism is bcoz u dont wanna kill animals...then plz gimme a break....
Arent Plants Living beings...or is it tht since it doesnt show emotions, its okk t kill....Then why be a Vegetarian...better kill dumb animals (Read: Humans).!!!!!

Khokkos said...

baghmamake to ar compu-r samne dine 12 ghanta bose thakte hoy na...

Unknown said...

"Nothing will benefit human health, and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth, as much as the evolution to a Vegetarian Diet" -ALBERT EINSTEIN "Bite-Size Einstein" pg 10 by Mayer & Holms QC16.E5A25

Payel said...

Vegetarianism is very evolutionary reversionarism. Why else would we want to climb down the food chain ?